In his 90s, my dad always needed someone to take him to a Dr. visit, not only because he couldn’t drive, but because he couldn’t give vital information about himself, describe what was wrong, ask follow-up questions or remember what he had been told and instructed to do. He needed an advocate. Now, I am going with my 79-year-old husband to most of his doctor visits, because even in early-stage Alzheimer’s, he has similar difficulties.
But what if you can’t be there to transport your loved ones or advocate for them, whether it be for regular Dr. visits or pre- and post-surgery?
Dakota Home Care now offers senior transportation services for families that can’t always transport or advocate for a loved one who can’t or shouldn’t be expected to do it for themselves.
Regular MD Appointments
Every elderly, or handicapped person probably has more than the usual number of appointments required to maintain health or to deal with chronic illnesses or pain. Even you might be intimidated during an appointment. You would be relieved to have someone there who knows the pertinent information to give about the patient and the important questions to ask. A Dakota Home Care Nurse has years of experience, will know what to say and will understand what the doctor says, giving you peace of mind and guidance through the whole process.
- Transportation to and from the doctor’s office
- Expertly advocating for the patient during the visit
- Helping describe the purpose of the visit to a medical professional
- Asking pertinent questions about the patient’s wellbeing
- Reporting the findings of the visit and care recommendations to the family
A diagnosis that requires surgery can be frightening and raise many questions about navigating and getting the best results from the whole process. There will be pre- and post-surgery doctor visits, and especially the uncertainty of what will happen on the day of the surgery and at home, and how you will manage it. Ask Dakota Home Care which of their services could simplify the big day and its aftermath for you and/or your loved one.
- Pre- and post-surgery advocacy with physicians and surgeons
- Checking in on the patient during the days following surgery
- Watching for complications and calling the doctor about anything out of the ordinary
- Making sure the doctor’s orders are being followed
- Transportation and advocacy for post-surgical appointments
Don’t be overwhelmed by frequent doctor visits or the logistics and aftermath of surgery. Our advocacy and senior transportation services can help in Fargo, Mandan, Bismarck, and the surrounding areas. Contact Dakota Home Care online or call us at (877) 691-0015 to learn more about our services for home health in Fargo, ND.