Keeping Home an Option for a Lifetime
Home…is there any more comforting concept?
It’s where we create our most cherished memories, where we can relax and be ourselves, remaining in control of the many little decisions each day brings: what we’d like to eat (and when), what activities we’d like to engage in, what time to go to sleep and wake up.
Providing care in the familiarity of home is a great honor for us at Dakota Home Care, and it’s not something we take lightly. It’s our mission to provide quality, affordable, personalized care for our clients, regardless of age or infirmity. We seek to form partnerships with the families we serve to provide creative solutions that empower individuals and enhance quality of life in a healing home environment.
Below are just some of the many ways we’re making life better for our North Dakota neighbors who need care at home.
Private Nursing Care
Our private nursing care services are provided in the comfort of home by a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, offering a more cost-effective, safe, and preferred alternative to nursing home care, and clinically proven to reduce the need for re-hospitalizations and emergency room visits.
Highly personalized to each person’s specific needs, our private nursing services include:
Home Health Aide Services
Our certified home health aides have all completed a 75-hour training program and competency exam, along with ongoing monthly education. They are fully supervised by a registered nurse, and can assist with a range of home care in Bismarck/Mandan and the surrounding areas:
For the utmost safety and security, especially when an older adult lives alone, our 24-hour, live-in care means that a care professional is in the home day and night to ensure that needs are fully met at all times, through a wide variety of services, such as:
When a loved one is challenged by Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia, care needs can change from one day to the next, making it hard for family members to know how to best meet and manage his or her needs. Our fully trained and experienced memory care specialists are skilled in creative, adaptive approaches to dementia care, ensuring the right level of care is always provided in each stage of the disease.
Our caregivers are trained to assist clients living with dementia and experiencing a number of challenging conditions such as:
In conjunction with hospice and palliative care providers, Dakota Home Care’s comfort care services focus on compassion, sensitivity, dignity and respect for the clients we serve, helping to foster a comfortable and supportive environment as an individual nears end of life.
Services are available for as little as one hour per visit, up to and including 24-hour, full-time care, and can include help with:
Our New Client Process
From the very first phone call, those who are seeking home care in Bismarck/Mandan and the surrounding areas will get the answers they need to make good decisions, and the empathy and compassion they desire while maneuvering through an often-overwhelming experience. We understand firsthand how difficult it can be to get answers to the many questions that arise, and we strive to provide the resources and assistance you can trust.
What You Can Expect When You Contact Us:
- All of our services begin with a complimentary in-home consultation by one of our registered nurses, during which we’ll get to know more about the challenges you’re facing, assess the safety of the home environment and review pricing and payment options.
- We then create a personalized plan of care that outlines the solutions we suggest to best help a client live life to the fullest.
- Once a care plan is agreed upon, we carefully match the client with appropriate care personnel based on individual needs and preferences.
- We offer clients and families free access to our online Family Room which allows them the opportunity to see schedules, caregiver tasks and care logs, caregiver notes as well as comments and invoices.
- Finally, we monitor and update the care plan on an ongoing basis, to ensure needs are met immediately, and also proactively addressed as needs change in the future.